‘Happiness is like a butterfly which when pursed, is always beyond our grasp, but which if you sit down quietly may alight upon you’
What is Counselling?
‘We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak’ A counsellor must be aware of the need for empathic listening and silence, so presenting considerate space for the client to think, talk and explore in an environment that promotes acceptance, healing and trust.
In its most basic term counselling is a talking therapy delivered by trained practitioners who work with people over a short or long term to help them bring about effective changes in their lives.
Here at Free the Butterfly I use an integrative approach which blends together a combination of theories, qualities and techniques tailored according to the needs of the individual client. I will help the client to:
- Feel understood
- To understand more how she/he feels and why
- To explore feelings
- Consider options
- Examine alternatives
- Choose alternatives
- Set objectives, action plan and problem solve
- A free exploratory call this can be done either over the phone or face to face.
- Each individual 60 minute session will cost £35
- Payment is either by cash, cheque or paypal and a 24 hour cancellation policy applies